Game and Application Development | Workflow Performance Improvement
Programmer with a specialty in digital, as well as traditional art, skilled in developing games or products to increase efficiencies. Thrive on learning how things work, how to make better, and how to educate or inform others. Experienced with various types of programming languages and software for art, 3D modeling, video editing, and office software, as well as several operating systems. Enjoy new challenges to enhance skill set.
- ActionScript 3
- Visual Studio
- includes Adobe Creative Cloud
- Document Foundation's LibreOffice
- Microsoft Office
- some experience in 3D modeling, like Maya
- video editing
- Ubuntu Linux
- Prototyped a VR walk-through using Unity for Samsung GearVR.
- Maintenance of various programming projects across varied technologies.
- Modified and expanded a web baser game built with Phaser.io
- Led 2 different levels of a classes where student groups created games to facilitate teamwork.
- Instructed class designed to help student learn about software and practices used in the games industry, preparing students for working in a studio environment.
- Performed modification of Flash UIs, allowing communication with other SWFs.
- Developed PHP scripts, bridging communications between Flex interfaces and MySQL databases for client websites.
- Developed software using Flex, enabling common code base for web, desktop and mobile.
- Developed desktop application utilizing MySQL database, streamlining management of tens-of-thousands of multimedia assets.
- Created tool, simplifying batch re-encoding of videos and the embedding captions.
- Designed web forms and PHP scripts, generating various static web pages from spreadsheets.
- Used VMware vCloud Director to configure and set up web and database servers.
- Programmed Flash game, demonstrating company’s knowledge of the pharma industry.
- Developed Flex tools for client websites, enabling product ordered to be tied to inventory system while streamlining ordering process.
- Designed new or modified existing clients website based around corporate identities, increasing brand awareness.
- Wrote Python scripts and C# tools, allowing installation and build processes to be more efficient.
- Modified Unreal 3 Engine, enabling Kismet to be used to control Bink video play back.
- Merged updates from newer Unreal builds into older code base to add features to game.
Education and Achievements
- Member of the International Game Developer’s Association (IGDA) since 2006
- Presenter, New Jersey Chapter of the IGDA
- IGDA Game Developer’s Conference 2007 Scholarship recipient
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Game Development – Programming, Bloomfield College, Bloomfield, NJ, summa cum laude, GPA: 3.894
- Dean’s List
- Developed a playable demo of a 3D, multi-player game with Torque Game Engine in three months for Capstone Project
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS), Commercial Graphics / Computer Animation, Bergen Community College, Paramus, NJ
- Curricular Award of Excellence in Computer Animation